Contact Tracer Job Monash Health Melbourneposted by admin on January 1, 1970
Monash Health Job Vacancies 2020Description :
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
About Our Contact Tracers
The South East Public Health Unit COVID 19 is a newly established unit working to prevent and respond to the spread of COVID-19 in the south-east suburbs of Melbourne. In the future the unit will likely play a pivotal role in the broader aspects of public health. We are based at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton Campus, but will operate across the south-east of Melbourne.
As we build an inclusive unit that embraces diversity and difference, we are looking for enthusiastic healthcare professionals who would like to join our multidisciplinary team as a contact tracer.
About the Role
A contact tracer is responsible for responding to the COVID-19 emergency, with rapid turnaround times and completion of tasks which include:
- Contacting and interviewing Monash community who have tested positive to COVID 19
- Establishing assessment for both acquisition source and infectious periods
- Identifying and interviewing close contacts of people who have tested positive to COVID 19
- Identifying and escalating high risk settings
You will work closely with the Operations Lead and Medical Officers within the unit. These are ongoing positions, available full time or part time, that will cover 7 days a week, working a rotating roster across shifts (0800-2030).
We are looking for enthusiastic people who thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment. We are looking for people with:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact in an empathetic and non judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations and persons experiencing a wide range of social conditions
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and practice ethical conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and relevant community stakeholder
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 (i.e., Outlook, Word)
- Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps)
- Balancing constantly changing priorities and demands, within tight timeframes in a high pressured, fast paced environment, while understanding and maintaining highly confidential Health data.
- Managing a broad range of enquiries on COVID-19 processes and procedures while maintaining a detailed understanding of the response and identifying correct escalation points.
- Working professionally with organisations experiencing high levels of stress and need for support.
What you need
Preferred qualifications include:
- Nursing or allied health clinical background, or
- Previous experience working in a public health unit (e.g. public health officer, environmental officer)
- DHHS authorised officer qualification
- Computer technical competency working with electronic medical records and Microsoft platforms
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Current AHPRA registration
Things to consider when expressing interest:
- Your availability will need to be across 7 days per week, across shifts (morning and afternoon)
- Weekend and/or evening work will be required
The more availability you can offer, the more likelihood your interest will be taken to the next stage.
What we offer
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your clinical skills and knowledge base
- Introductory 6 hour online contract training course
- On the job training
- Avenues to further develop your skills
- Mentorship and career guidance
- Support to attend relevant forms and conferences
In addition you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite discounted car parking and gym, and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Apply now to be part of this exciting new team – grow your career with Monash Health!
Please indicate in your cover letter how many hours per fortnight you could commit to, if successful.
As part of our selection process you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a Police Check and current Working with Children’s and Aged Care checks prior to offers of employment being made.
Please note applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury system – email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Monash Health on following link below :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Contact Tracer Melbourne November 2020 Monash Health above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Melbourne below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.