Principle Service Agreements Officer Job National Heavy Vehicle Regulator Brisbaneposted by admin on November 27, 2020
National Heavy Vehicle Regulator Recruitment 2021Description :
Principal Service Agreements Officer
11 November 2020
Title Principal Service Agreements Officer
Reports to Service Transition Manager
Direct reports Nil
Division National Services Transition (NST)
Job type Permanent
Annual salary AC-F
Location Brisbane, QLD
Closing Date Friday 11 December 2020 at 5.00pm AEST
Who is the ?
The (NHVR) commenced operations in 2013 as a national entity responsible for
regulating all vehicles in Australia over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass. Located in Brisbane, the NHVR minimises the
compliance burden on the heavy vehicle transport industry, reduces duplication and inconsistencies across state and
territory borders, and ultimately for the heavy vehicle business with government in Australia.
What is important to us?
At the NHVR our workplace values set the tone for our organisational culture:
- People matter
- Customer first
- We add value
- Strong partnerships
We value staff with a genuine belief in the work they do and the benefit it will bring. We aim to develop a supportive
work environment which we believe will be achieved by a focus on professionalism, team work and collective values.
What do we expect of our employees?
The NHVR is seeking an individual who:
- Is committed to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and stakeholders
- Is energised by identifying new approaches and solutions
- Is innovative in addressing day-to-day challenges
- Is supportive towards colleagues and contributes towards making their workplace an enjoyable place to be
Commitment to safety, diversity and anti-discrimination
The NHVR is committed to providing a safe, forward-thinking and tolerant work environment. Diversity within our
workforce is valued as being representative of the standards, values and diversity within the community and clients we
1 of 3
Position Description | Principal Service Agreements Officer
Through leadership and influence, the NHVR administers a national system that delivers consistent and streamlined
regulatory services and administration to the Australian heavy vehicle road transport sector, reducing regulatory burden
whilst enabling greater safety and productivity.
The National Services Transition Program identifies the regulatory services that the NHVR is responsible for that are
currently being delivered by state and territory road and transport agencies. The National Services Transition Program is
a five year program which sequences the transition of these services to the NHVR and undertakes detailed planning in
collaboration with jurisdictional partner agencies for the return of identified services to the NHVR.
The National Services Transition Team is responsible for ensuring the successful transition of heavy vehicle regulatory
services currently provided by participating state and territory agencies on behalf of the NHVR, from those jurisdictions
to the NHVR. These services include customer facing services such as:
- on road monitoring of heavy vehicle operator and driver compliance with the Heavy Vehicle National Law;
- issuing heavy vehicle access permits;
- undertaking complex chain of responsibility investigations;
- conducting prosecutions;
- heavy vehicle standards monitoring;
- audit and information exchanges;
- provision of customer education and information.
The National Services Transition Team (NST) is comprised of a range of multi-disciplinary units and subject matter experts
who work closely with all areas of the NHVR to help prepare business areas for the transition of services from
The National Services Transition Team provides the interface with jurisdictional agencies to ensure service transition is
undertaken in a collaboration with State and Territory governments that ensures best outcomes are achieved for all.
Prepare, deliver, and manage a range of service agreements and reporting activities associated with the effective
delivery of heavy vehicle regulatory services.
- Manage a range of service agreements and/or memorandums of understanding that exist between the NHVR
- Prepare and oversee the delivery of an annual program for negotiating and preparing performance reports
- Monitor NHVR performance against the requirements of each agreement and prepare reports for ELT, NHVR
- Monitor government agency performance against the requirements of each agreement and identify areas of
- Ensure agreements are re-negotiated within the term of each agreement.
- Undertake regular liaison with government agency representatives to ensure performance expectations are
- Work closely with NHVR business areas to ensure the requirements of the agreements are being met and that
- Manage any issues or disputes that may be raised in accordance with the requirements of each agreement.
- Draft new agreements as and when required in consultation with NHVR business areas and government
2 of 3
Position Description | Principal Service Agreements Officer
- Undertake an annual probity audit of issuing of national written work diaries in consultation with issuing
- Explore opportunities to rationalize and harmonise agreements where possible.
- Adhere to all NHVR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NHVR internal processes.
- Comply with WH&S policies and procedures and contribute and promote a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills and Capabilities
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders with a view of achieving desired outcomes and
achieving business growth.
- Well developed issue analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare complex reports and briefings for senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a time critical environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in preparing and or managing the delivery of services under SLAs/MOUs
- Tertiary qualification in legal or related discipline.
3 of 3
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- Application will be treated strictly confidential .
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Principle Service Agreements Officer Brisbane February 2021 National Heavy Vehicle Regulator above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Brisbane below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.